An Invitation from Theatre & Dance @ Wake Forest
Please be our guest…come for a visit and let us show you around, get to know you, answer your questions and introduce you to our faculty, staff, and students.
A typical visit might include
- An information session and campus tour with Admissions.
- An admissions interview if you have completed your junior year and visit between June 1st and January 10th.
- A chance to visit a theatre or dance class
- An opportunity to sit in on a rehearsal
- Join us at our weekly all-theatre meeting Mondays at 4pm in the Ring Theatre
- A tour of our theatres, studios, dedicated design lab and shops
- Admission for you and your family to a production
- A chance to spend time with a theatre or dance student and get answers to your questions about Wake Forest
- A chance to talk one on one with faculty about your specific interests.
How to plan a visit
- If possible, plan to visit when you can see a performance
- Contact Admissions to reserve a space in an admissions information session and campus tour
- Schedule an admissions interview
- Contact the department to discuss specific details about your visit
- Our scenic and costume studios work Monday – Friday afternoons.
- Rehearsals are in the evenings Monday – Friday with an additional weekend rehearsal TBA.
- Student productions (Studio Series) are Mondays and Tuesdays at 7:30 and Wednesdays at 4:30
- Mainstage productions are Friday-Saturday then the following Wednesday – Saturday at 7:30 with a Sunday matinee at 2:00 pm
- In general, performance and technique classes meet on Tuesday/Thursday, and other dance and theatre classes more often meet on Monday/Wednesday/Friday (see below)
Acting I & II
Acting For the Camera
Voice & Movement
Design & Production for Dance
Intro to Design & Production
Theatrical Scene Design
History of Western Theatre
History of Ballet & Modern Dance
Theatre in Education
Movement and the Molecular
Theatre and Dance Events 2017-2018
September 2: New Faces Audition Workshop
September 22-24, 28-30, October 1-2: She Kills Monsters by Qui Nguyen, directed by John E. R. Friedenberg
Nov 30-Dec 2: AAP Presents A Bright Room Called Day by Tony Kushner, directed by Eli Bradley.
October 27-29, November 2-5: Far Away by Caryl Churchill, directed by Cindy Gendrich
November 16-19: Fall Dance Concert choreographed by Faculty and Guest Artists
February 16-18, 22-25: The Adding Machine by Elmer Rice, directed by Brook Davis
TBA: Studio Series I (and II)
April 6-8 & 12-15: Spring Awakening, book and lyrics by Steven Satar,
music by Duncan Sheik, directed by Sharon Andrews
April 26-29: Spring Dance Concert choreographed by Students
Schedule an info session or campus tour:
Interviews for rising and current seniors are offered June 1 – January 10.
Appointments are limited and must be scheduled in advance .
Schedule a Theatre & Dance department visit:
Please send an e-mail request to Richard Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief introduction.
Include details such as the date of your planned visit, expected arrival & departure times on campus, your availability to meet during the day, along with any other appointments you may already have (such as the time of your interview, campus tour, etc.), which we can aim to schedule around.
Department of Theatre & Dance
Richard Williams, Staff Assistant