Spring Student Choreographic Concerts opens on April 21
Posted on: April 14, 2016
The Wake Forest University Dance Company will be performing its Spring Student Choreographic Concert on April 21 – 23 at 7:30 p.m. and April 24 at 2 p.m. All performances are on the Tedford Main Stage of the Scales Fine Arts Center.
Directed by Associate Professor of Dance Christina Tsoules Soriano, the concert features ten student works of various styles including ballet, contemporary, jazz, and hip-hop.
Featured works include:
- A fusion of ballet and hip-hop that expresses the feelings of relationships
- A contemporary piece about the journey from internal conflict to self-acceptance
- A contemporary piece focusing on the internal process of coping with a darkness within one’s self
- A tap piece about appreciating rhythm
- A modern/jazz piece that explores the idea of play
- A dance combining traditional Irish steps with contemporary American movements in an expression of beauty and power representing Irish dance, culture and mythology
- A contemporary jazz tribute to Otis Redding
- A contemporary work filled with intensity and spice
- A contemporary dance that explores what it is to brush up against those moments of uncertainty in close relationships that ask us to lean in and the euphoric relief that follows
Fifty dancers will join the ten student choreographers on stage.
Tickets are $15 adults, $12 senior citizens, and $7 students (price includes sales tax). For tickets or information, call the Theatre Box Office at (336) 758-5295 or purchase online at college.wfu.edu/theatre.